torsdag 3 mars 2011

jag beundrar dig.

vi håller på med ett projekt i skolan om hur vi relaterar till andra människor, och förra veckan skulle vi skriva en berättelse om någon vi beundrar. detta är ett kort utdrag vad jag skrev OBS! historien är på engelska:

My most clear memory was when we were in England for my brothers’ graduation and we stayed at a hotel together the whole family.

We see her standing there talking, laughing, smiling and explaining to a very confused English waitress. Grandma do not speak a word of English and we are almost starting to feel bad for the English women and has to deal with my grandmas perception that you can talk to everybody, even if you don’t speak the same language. Shortly after this she sits down at our table. She crosses her legs and put her hands in her lap and waits. We ask her if she is not going to have any breakfast and she answers that she is waiting for her coffee plate. All of us with chocked expression and smiles towards her, and my brother says: “Did you ask them for a coffee plate? Was it that what you were talking to the waitress about?” and she directly answers: “Yes I had to since there were none”. At this point I can’t hold it anymore and starts to laugh and shake my head and says to her that they cannot understand what she is saying since they don’t speak Swedish. At that exact moment the waitress comes and leans over me to hand over a coffee plate to my grandmother and says: “Here you go madam”. My grandmother answers “thanks” in Swedish and both of the women smiles towards each other. My grandmother gets up to walk over and select her breakfast. She takes to steps and then she looks over at us that still are a bit confused over what just happened, and says: “Grandma knows”.


Kära Farmor.

2 kommentarer:

Hanna sa...

Vad fint du skriver! Ja,, hon är härlig din farmor och jag har haft tur att lära känna henne så det känns som även min farmor o det finns ingen som hon! Kramar

Anonym sa...

Härligt skrivit gumman,visst kommer v alla ihåg denna situation.Hon är härlig,farmor.
Nu är vi hemma igen,hoppas vi kan höras innan söndag.
kram mamma